Mother Nature finally helped us out a bit! We received a lot of rain and mixed precipitation across all elevations over the past few days. Our 24-hour snow total is up to 7 inches on the upper mountain. While we would have loved to have received nothing but snow throughout this whole storm cycle, moisture isn’t the worst thing. Wet snow is better for building roads and ramps, and our goal is to expand to a few new chairlifts this weekend thanks to this little refresh. We have a lot of snow-pushing and establishment to do, but we are going to do our very best to get there.
Lift & Terrain Updates:
- We will be adding Shirley Lake Express to the schedule for Friday. As we write this blog, the ramps have not been built yet, so this will be a quick turnaround!
- Our Terrain Parks crew will be building up in Belmont tomorrow, and the lift will open on Friday. We are hoping for six rails to start, and we will be adding more features throughout the weekend. The park in First Venture will be alive as well and has been getting refreshed regularly.
- We will be aiming to add Bailey’s Beach and Mountain Meadow on Friday as well. This means that the Aerial Tram is going to open for skiing access, too. It will now operate daily from 9am-4pm.
- When we have a lift or terrain expansion update for Alpine, we always post it in this blog first, so make sure you’re signed up for our Operations Blog email list.
- 12/21 Update: We are planning on opening more hike-to terrain on the Palisades side tomorrow (Friday) but if you want to ski it, you must obey closure signage. It is for your safety and the safety of our employees! We cannot open additional terrain if we’re not having cooperation with signage. Thanks for paying attention and making good choices out there.
Weather will be nice for the start of this holiday season! Expect dry days through Tuesday with temperatures in the 30s and 40s during the day. Another storm is expected to move in around Wednesday the 27th and, hopefully, the month will close out with some more snowfall. For the latest, read our weather blog, written by Bryan Allegretto of OpenSnow.
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations X (formerly Twitter) account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.