With over 14 feet of new snow in January and counting, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is januBURIED! Here are some tips to make the most of all the snow during your visit to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows.
1. Two Ways to Ski for Less
Try before you buy! You can apply the cost of your lift ticket toward the cost of a season pass or Tahoe Super 4 pack.
2. Arrive Early!
Lifts and trails open at 9am daily, weather & conditions permitting. We recommend arriving even earlier to beat traffic, secure the most convenient parking, and maximize your time on the slopes
- With feet of new snow, parking is slightly limited due to snow storage – arrive early before parking lots fill up
- If you’re planning to use valet parking, please arrive early as this service usually sells out on weekends.
3. Parking & Getting Around
- POW Carpool Parking: Carpool to the resorts with four or more passengers in your vehicle and get access to close in parking.
- Squaw/Alpine Express: Your lift ticket or season pass is good at both Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Take the free shuttle that runs continuously between the bases for convenient transport between mountains.
- SnoVentures Shuttle: SnoVentures Shuttle runs continuously between The Village at Squaw Valley (Member’s Locker Room) and SnoVentures Activity Zone.
- Ski Shuttles: TART’s shuttles for north shore and Truckee ski resorts and communities will offer weekend and holiday service between December 16 to March 25.
- Premier Parking for Squaw Kids: Complimentary Premier Parking is available for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations.
4. Download our NEW Mobile App
Download the new and improved iPhone and Android Apps to access these features:
- Real-time lift & trail status
- Real-time lift line wait times
- Find your friends on lifts & trails
- Easily purchase and reload discounted lift tickets
- Track performance including lifts/trails skied, vertical feet skied, maximum speed, etc.
- Interactive map
- Current weather & snow report
Tip: Check lift status using the app or website the night before you hit the slopes to better plan for your day the following morning!
5. Explore our 14 Easy-to-Navigate Mountain Zones
Check out our 14 mountain zones to help you navigate the mountains and decide where to enjoy your day and exactly how to get there.
- Family Tip: Big Blue zone at Squaw Valley and Blue Room at Alpine Meadows have plenty of family-friendly terrain, groomed runs and easy access to our lodges for a hot chocolate break.
- Book a private tour of the mountain with The North Face Mountain Guides. They’ll take you to the best hidden stashes and terrain around the mountain, plus you get priority lift line access.
6. Eat Lunch Before 12pm or After 1:30pm to Maximize your Time on the Slopes
- MTN Roots Cafe: Located in the Village. The eclectic farm to table menu has quick bites as well as more substantial options for sit-down meals.
- Funi’s: Located on the upper level of the Gold Coast Complex with great grab-and-go food options.
- Rocker@Squaw: Located in the Village. Enjoy cold beers, kickin’ cocktails, and belly satisfying food at this popular restaurant in the Village.
- Meadows Cafe: Located right in Alpine Meadows’ lodge, the Meadows Café offers up exactly what any hungry skier or snowboarder is looking for – only better. 1/2lb Certified Angus Beef Burgers, personal pizzas and full soup and salad bar.
- Stoked Oak: Located on the Alpine Meadows deck, this tasty BBQ joint is quick and tasty.
- The Chalet: Located mid-mountain near the base of Scott Chair, this Bavarian-style beer garden was delicious lunch options as well as great beers and hot cocoa.
7. Download the Funitel or Aerial Tram at the End of the Day
If you are ending your day at Squaw Valley we recommend downloading the Funitel or Aerial Tram from our upper mountain. It’s relaxing and will give you more time on the mountain.
8. Plenty of Fun Off the Slopes
- Wanderlust Yoga Studio: Stretch with us after your day on the slopes. The Wanderlust Yoga Studio encourages all guests to strengthen their mind, body and spirit. Drop in on any class at Wanderlust Yoga Studio.
- SnoVentures Activity Zone: SnoVentures is Squaw Valley’s family fun zone with snow tubing, mini snowmobiles and a lodge.
- Trilogy Spa: Unwind at Trilogy Spa with a pedicure, massage, or skin treatment. Seasonal and daily specials available.
- Aerial Tram Rides: Climb over 2,000 feet on the Aerial Tram with 360° views of Lake Tahoe’s high alpine.
9. Where to Enjoy Apres Ski & Beat the Traffic
- Alpine Meadows: Grab a hot cocoa or beer at the Last Chair Bar in the Main Lodge. Stay cozy inside or bring your beverages out to the sundeck and huddle up by the firepit.
- Squaw Valley: With so much apres in The Village, we chose our 5 favorites. Check out the Squaw Valley Apres Guide.
Stick around to watch Winter Fireworks in the Village at 6pm each Saturday!
10. Store Your Gear
Daily and weekly lockers make for easy storage of extra clothing and gear with unlimited access throughout the day. Available at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.