What a season we’re having at Palisades Tahoe! We’ve received 717″ (over 60 feet) on the upper mountain, experienced our snowiest month ever (who can forget #februBURIED?), and skied some of Tahoe’s best and deepest powder. After what seemed like endless storm days during the height of this winter, Spring weather arrived! We were loving the warmer temperatures, sunny skies and soft snow… and then we received a further 35″ in May. Thanks to this amazing snow season, we look forward to hosting Tahoe’s longest season once again. As we move deeper into the Spring and Summer seasons, our operations will shift due to snowmelt, weather & conditions and scheduled lift maintenance and construction. Here is our anticipated operating schedule (weather and conditions permitting) so you can plan your Spring shredding.
Palisades Lift Operations
We have less than a month to go at Palisades! Here are the details:
- Palisades will be open for skiing & riding from 8am-2pm Fri-Sun in June
- Palisades will be open for the Fourth of July Weekend, Wednesday, July 3 – Sunday, July 7. Join us for Lake Tahoe Freedom Fest! Please note that tickets are limited quantity and they are subject to sellout.
- KT-22, Granite Chief, Mountain Meadow, Bailey’s Beach, Siberia, Terrain Parks, & Mountain Run are closed for the season as of 5/27.
While the upper mountain at Palisades still has ample coverage (over 180″ base at 8,000′), snow depths at the base area/lower mountain get thinner each day with the warm weather. Our crews also have to perform routine maintenance on chairlifts every summer in preparation for the following season, and this work needs to start right away to make sure we are ready to open in time. Based on these factors, here is the anticipated lift operating plan at Palisades, conditions permitting:
- Friday-Sunday May 31-June 30 & July 3-7: The Funitel, Big Blue, Gold Coast and Shirley Lake will be open for skiing & riding, weather and conditions permitting.
Alpine Meadows Lift Operations
If you haven’t already heard, Alpine is getting a brand new lift for next season! The current Hot Wheels chairlift is being replaced and extended with a High Speed Quad. The new chairlift will have an unload-only mid-station where the current top terminal of Hot Wheels is. From there, the path will turn 31 degrees and continue up to the top of Sherwood Cliffs (looker’s right of Arts Knob). This is an extensive project, and work including pre-construction and tree removal will start next week to ensure the construction is complete for the 2019/20 season.
High Camp Hot Tub
- The Hot Tub & Pool as well as the Roller Skating rink are now open daily from 10:30am-4:30pm.
- Geocaching & Disc Golf will be opening pending snow melt.
- The pool will be open daily until August 5th. On August 5th, both the High Camp Pool & Hot Tub will close indefinitely for a complete renovation. Disc Golf, Roller Skating, & Hiking will still be open at this time.