Everybody thank a snowmaker or snowcat operator! Thanks to their hard work and some cold temperatures this week, we will be expanding our terrain offering. Starting Saturday, we will be opening the Funitel, Gold Coast, Red Dog, and Resort Chair at Palisades, and we will also be adding Subway, Meadow, and the Big Carpet at Alpine.
Lift and Terrain Updates: Palisades
- First Venture is open daily 9am to 4pm and still has Terrain Park features.
- The Aerial Tram will be open from 10am – 3pm Friday through Sunday for sightseeing only.
- The Base to Base Gondola will be open for daily operations from 9am to 4pm starting Friday, December 1st.
- The Funitel, Gold Coast, Red Dog, and Resort Chair will open on Saturday for daily operations from 9am-4pm. Funitel is download only. No Mountain Run yet!
Lift and Terrain Updates: Alpine
- Treeline Cirque is open to mid-station daily from 9am-4pm.
- Subway, Meadow, and the Big Carpet will be added to the schedule starting Saturday, December 2nd for daily operations from 9am-4pm.
REMINDER: Parking Reservations
Parking reservations are required in all parking lots at Palisades Tahoe on Saturday and Sunday this week. Free reservations open up Tuesday, November 28th with inventory releases at both 12pm and 7pm, and you can get more information and reserve your spot at parkpalisadestahoe.com. Reservations are not required after 1pm.
Some snow is possible on both Thursday and Saturday, but no significant accumulation is expected (less than 5 inches for each storm). We could see some warmer temperatures between storms and into the following week. Get the latest and read a detailed forecast in our Weather Blog, powered by OpenSnow.
Learn More About Snow Surfaces
We’ve invested over $8 million into our snow surfaces departments (snowmaking and grooming) over the past 2 years. You can learn more about these investments in infrastructure and technology (including new snowcats and new snowmaking lines) in our What’s New Blog series. Check out What’s New For Snowmaking and What’s New For Grooming for the latest.
Photo: The new PistenBully 400 Park Pro Winch Cat, taken by Bandit, Grooming Supervisor
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations X (formerly Twitter) account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at email@example.com with your feedback.