We have a few small updates for this weekend. While we did get some much-needed moisture last week, it still wasn’t quite enough to help significantly expand operations. Our snow surfaces teams (grooming and snowmaking) have been working around the clock to try to build out as much as possible. So while we think of these expansions as “small,” please know that there are many, many, many hours of work put into them, and we are glad to be opening a few more chairlifts:
Lift & Terrain Updates: Alpine
- Roundhouse will open tomorrow, Friday, December 15th. This will include Rock Garden down to Weasel. Red Trail is not ready yet; we need 2 more days of solid snowmaking here and with warming temperatures, we won’t have the opportunity for this until late next week.
- Yellow chairlift will be added to the schedule starting Saturday.
Lift & Terrain Updates: Palisades
- Exhibition opened today to the mid-station.
- While our teams have been putting a lot of snowmaking and grooming power into Mountain Run, we don’t want to say with certainty that it will open this weekend. There is a chance, but there are some very thin areas of snowpack.
It will be dry most of the weekend with partly sunny skies. On Sunday, a storm system starts to move in. While initially this looked like promising snowfall, forecasts are trending warmer. There is a large range of possibilities, but it does look like snow levels could be very high — starting around 10,000 feet and then falling to 7,000 feet by Monday night. The good part about this is that wet snow on our upper mountains can help with building roads and ramps. Keep your fingers crossed that this becomes more than just rain, though… A second system will move in starting Wednesday as well. For the latest, check our weather blog, posted by Bryan Allegretto of OpenSnow.
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations X (formerly Twitter) account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at email@example.com with your feedback.