We will have a mix of winter weather followed by spring-like conditions weekend, so dress in layers and be prepared for anything. Snow is thinning in the base area, but we will likely see 4 inches or so in the mid-mountain area by Sunday. It will be great to have a little refresh on the mountains! Next week, we’ll have some seriously warm weather, perfect for sunny outdoor après.
- Saturday: High of 35 degrees. Snow expected throughout the day. Wind gusts will hover around 45 mph, but could be higher on the upper mountain. Wind impacts are possible for our ridge lifts. Accumulation likely around 2 inches.
- Saturday night: Below freezing and snow will be on-and-off. Accumulation of 1-2 inches expected.
- Sunday: Sunny with a high near 40 degrees.
- Into next week: Temperatures are going to seriously warm up midweek. We are looking at mid-to-high fifties, so there are bound to be some skiers in bathing suits out there next week!
Lift, Terrain, & Operations Updates
- All lifts at Alpine except Kangaroo are on the schedule for this weekend.
- The following lifts at Palisades are on the schedule for this weekend: Aerial Tram, Funitel, Resort Chair, First Ventures, Red Dog, KT-22, Wa She Shu, Headwall, Siberia, Gold Coast, Shirley, Granite Chief, Solitude, Bailey’s Beach, Mountain Meadow, Belmont, and Big Blue.
- Yellow is open to the public, but our Ski Teams will also be training there over the next few days.
- There are several areas that are getting thin at both mountains. At Alpine, Lakeview and Sherwood should make it through the weekend, but beyond that it may only be a few days. At Palisades, the lower mountain is getting thin in a number of places. Please be aware of hazards such as rocks and dirt as the snow melts, and consider downloading the Funitel to preserve the snow we have on Mountain Run.
- Snow tubing is thinning out and may not be operating after this weekend.