Welcome back to winter! … Sort of. We haven’t had any mega-storms yet, and the past few days have brought some rain to our lower elevations, but we’ve been making snow at every opportunity we have. For the kick-off of our season on November 22nd, we will most likely be opening with First Ventures on the Palisades side.
Weather can always change our plans. It looks like Saturday night is trending snowier according to Bryan Allegretto of OpenSnow. Up to a foot of snow on the upper elevations is possible by Sunday morning. We will wait to see what that storm does before announcing any operational changes. We’ll probably post again on Monday or Tuesday with what we’re expecting.
While we didn’t get the snowfall we were hoping for, we’re determined to make the most of what we have. Starting Monday, temperatures drop a bit, so we should be able to continue making snow.
- Will operate from 9am-4pm starting Wednesday, 11/22 and continuing daily
- Food Trucks and some live music will be stationed at the bottom of the lift.
- The Aerial Tram will be open for sightseeing from 10am-3pm starting Wednesday, 11/22.
- The High Camp Marketplace and the (new!) Granite Pizza will be open at High Camp.
As we kick off another winter season, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility in these early stages. We’re working hard to provide you with the best possible experience on the mountain. Stay tuned for further updates, and let’s make this opening week at Palisades Tahoe a great start to the season. See you on the slopes!
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations Twitter account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.