Our current 3-day snowfall total is just shy of two feet on the upper mountain! This is shaping up to be our snowiest period of the season so far. After a slow start with only small snowstorms, we’re definitely ready for a big Sierra snowstorm like we saw so often last season. With a possibility of up to FOUR FEET by Tuesday, we are expecting storm impacts on both Sunday and Monday.
- An active Winter Storm Warning from NOAA is issued through Sunday night.
- Heavy snowfall is expected throughout the day, with up to 22 inches of snow possible.
- Wind gusts could be over 70mph, which will impact ridgeline lifts at both mountains.
- Since the snow picks back up on Saturday night, we do expect delays to chairlift openings on Sunday morning while we dig out and perform snow safety/mitigation work.
- Heavy snow will continue throughout most of the day, with an additional 12 inches of snow possible. It may slow a bit in the evening.
- Winds could impact lifts in the morning but they should decrease throughout the day.
- Expect delayed openings for chairlifts, especially for upper mountain or ridgeline chairlifts.
Visibility will be low on both days, so make sure you stick to terrain that you are familiar with and consider tracking with the Palisades Tahoe app. This way, your friends/family can see your location and our Dispatch center can see your coordinates in case of emergency.
Throughout this weather, our teams will be working around the clock: digging out roads, maintaining ramps, de-icing lifts, clearing chairs, and more. Hopefully, they’ll also have some cool behind-the-scenes footage to share from this cycle.
Cheers to counting snow in FEET rather than inches!
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Sign up for our Mountain Operations email list, and we’ll send this blog directly to you every time we have an update. We’ll share another update soon. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations X (formerly Twitter) account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at email@example.com with your feedback.