Our percentage of open terrain has seriously increased this week following almost 50 inches of snow on the upper mountains in the past 7 days. If you got out there this week, you know that conditions (even when visibility was low) were absolutely incredible. Not only did the vast majority of our hiking terrain open up this week, but we’ll be adding Lakeview to the schedule starting tomorrow, too. We plan to groom Outer Limits and Mountain View. We will also have the Sherwood Shuttle running this weekend.
In addition to Lakeview, we are hoping to get Olympic Lady and Broken Arrow for Saturday and Sunday on the Palisades side as well. Silverado does not have enough snow yet; we cannot even get a snowcat close to the bottom.
Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup is just about 2 weeks away
As we set up for the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup, a stop on the Audi FIS Ski World Cup tour, there will be some impacts to our operations on the Palisades side.
- Starting tomorrow (February 9th), you will see our crews building the spectator area, the jumbotron, the timing structures, and more in the zone around the Base to Base Gondola and Kids Mountain Sports School.
- Exhibition will be closed starting tomorrow (February 9th) until the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup is over.
- Red Dog will experience some partial closures throughout the next week as we water the course and continue preparing the racecourse surface. We will maintain a public lane on one side of the closure, so please pay attention and obey all signage.
IMPORTANT PARKING REMINDER: This Tuesday, February 13th, parking reservations open for Saturday, February 17th through Sunday, February 25th. There will be no reservation drop on the 20th; all reservations for this period must be made on the 13th.
It is looking like a clear and sunny weekend, but it will be on the colder side, so layer up. There is some potential for east winds on Saturday; east winds can sometimes affect chairs like Summit. There is no snow in the 7-day forecast, but something might be building up for the end of the month. Stay up to date in our Weather Blog.
Behind The Scenes of the Storm
Wind at the top of Emigrant on February 4th. Taken by Nick McMahon, Palisades Grooming.
More upper mountain wind video from February 5th. Taken by Nick Brackins, Palisades Grooming.
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Sign up for our Mountain Operations email list, and we’ll send this blog directly to you every time we have an update. We’ll share another update soon. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
HOW TO GET OPERATIONS UPDATES THIS SEASON
Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations X (formerly Twitter) account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at email@example.com with your feedback.