6-15 Inches of snow Possible
The storm moves in this evening
The storm is moving in! A winter storm is fast approaching with snow levels expected to drop all the way to the base by early evening.
This is a good setup for us because we want to the storm to come in wet, so the snow will bond to the existing bed surface. It’s going to start with snow levels around 7700′ and then we’ll see a steady 15 degree temperature drop in 12 hours.”
– Will Paden, Squaw Valley Ski Patrol Director
Heaviest snowfall overnight
According to NOAA, the heaviest snowfall is expected to come down from 6pm this evening until 2am Friday. Snow showers may linger throughout Friday, and by the end of the storm we could see 6-10 inches at the base of both mountains, and 11-15 inches at 8,000′!
Powder day Friday
Dust off your powder skis, this weekend is going to be fun!
It is going to be cold all weekend and the snow that falls later tonight and Friday will be powdery.”
– Bryan Allegreto, Weather blogger
The high on Friday and Saturday is 28°, so snow will stay soft and fun throughout the weekend until the next storm moves in on Sunday.
Please note: this storm is accompanied by high and gusty winds. The highest winds will be in affect tonight, but may linger into tomorrow. There is potential for wind holds tomorrow morning on some upper mountain lifts, so please tune in to our lift & grooming status page or mobile app for real-time information, and our snow & weather page for updates on snow.
App Lap Slapdown Contest
Up for some friendly competition while you shred this weekend? Download our mobile app and start tracking your stats to be in the running to win our App Lap Slapdown Contest! The skier/rider with the most tracked vertical feet or most lifts ridden will win Oakley goggles or sunglasses!
Live Après Music and Fireworks
Lots of live après music, a fireworks show and fun events this weekend! Here are just a few:
- Feel Good Fridays: Head to the Auld Dubliner for $5 drink specials, raffles and live music to support Achieve Tahoe
- Friday Night Tasting Notes: Free tastings from Oskar Blues Brewery at Plaza Bar from 3:30-5pm with live music
- Winter Music in The Village: Justin Ancheta Band plays 2-4pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Alpine Bar: Chi McClean will rock the Alpine Lodge from 2-5pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Plaza Bar: Papiba Gogihno plays live at 3pm Saturday
- Winter Fireworks: The show goes off at 6pm – watch from the KT Base Bar and warm up in Plaza Bar
Snow Sale! Tahoe Super 4 Pack
Don’t miss our snow sale! Get your Tahoe Super 4 Pack by January 24, 2018 for just $389 and you can ski or ride any 4 days this season for less than $98/day – no blackout dates.