With 569″ of snow so far this season, conditions are top notch! Here are some tips to make the most of your weekend on and off the slopes.
1. Arrive Early for Avant Ski
Try to arrive before the mountains open to ensure convenient parking and to beat traffic. You can kick back and grab coffee or a bite to eat at the following restaurants while you gear up for the slopes. You can also warm up for your day with a 7:30am yoga class at Palisades Yoga Studio. Get a $2 wax at The Ledge Board Shop or Main Rental shop in The Village from 8-8:30am!
Breakfast at Squaw Valley
- NEW! Coffeebar: opens at 6am
- Wildflour Bakery: opens at 7am
- Starbucks in the Village: opens at 7am
- Mountain Nectar: opens at 7:30am
- Euro Snack & Euro Crepe: open at 7am
- Auld Dubliner: open for breakfast at 8am Sat & Sun
- K|Tchen: open 7:30am Sat & Sun
Breakfast at Alpine Meadows
- Treats Cafe in the breezeway: opens at 7:30am
- Early Ups in the Lodge: opens at 8am
We strongly encourage carpooling with friends, family and neighbors. With our POW Carpool Parking, vehicles with 4 or more passengers will have access to close-in parking spots. There are 110 POW Parking spaces at Squaw Valley and 50 at Alpine Meadows, and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Parking Resources
On popular weekends, parking lots at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows can fill up. We have several resources to notify guests when parking lots reach capacity. Please tune in to the following for updates:
- Mobile App: Download our mobile app and enable notifications. You will receive a push notification as soon as we know that parking has reached capacity.
- Mountain Operations Twitter: Follow us at @SquawAlpineOps on Twitter for real-time updates on lift, trail and parking status. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can still read these public tweets at twitter.com/squawalpineops.
- Lift & Trail status page: We update “Today’s Word” on this page when there is pertinent information regarding lifts, trails, or parking status. It is located on the page in between maps and lift status.
Also check out the TART (Truckee-Tahoe Regional Transit) schedule for regular daily shuttles to and from Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. And FREE Nightly service from Squaw Valley to Tahoe City, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe Vista, Kings Beach and Crystal Bay.
4. Download our NEW Mobile App
Download the new and improved iPhone and Android Apps to access these features:
- Real-time lift & trail status
- Real-time lift line wait times
- Find your friends on lifts & trails
- Easily purchase and reload discounted lift tickets
- Track performance including lifts/trails skied, vertical feet skied, maximum speed, etc.
- Interactive map
- Current weather & snow report
5. Eat Lunch Before 12pm or After 2pm to Maximize your Time on the Slopes
- Funi’s: Located on the upper level of the Gold Coast Complex with great grab-and-go food options.
- Rocker@Squaw: Located in the Village. Enjoy cold beers, kickin’ cocktails, and belly satisfying food at this popular restaurant in the Village.
- Meadows Cafe: Located right in Alpine Meadows’ lodge, the Meadows Café offers up exactly what any hungry skier or snowboarder is looking for – only better. 1/2lb Certified Angus Beef Burgers, personal pizzas and full soup and salad bar.
6. Two Ways to Ski for Less
- Ski for less than $97/day with the Tahoe Super 4 Lift Ticket Pack. No blackout dates.
- Purchase lift tickets at least 2 days in advance of your visit to get our Best Rate Guarantee and save up to $40.
Try before you buy! You can apply the cost of your lift ticket toward the cost of a season pass or Tahoe Super 4 lift ticket pack.
7. Download the Funitel or Aerial Tram at the End of the Day
If you are ending your day at Squaw Valley we recommend downloading the Funitel or Aerial Tram from our upper mountain. It’s relaxing and will give you more time on the mountain.
8. Plenty of Fun Off the Slopes
- Palisades Yoga Studio: Stretch with us after your day on the slopes. The Palisades Yoga Studio encourages all guests to strengthen their mind, body and spirit. Drop in on any class at Palisades Yoga Studio.
- SnoVentures Activity Zone: SnoVentures is Squaw Valley’s family fun zone with snow tubing, mini snowmobiles and a lodge with firepits for roasting marshmallows.
- Trilogy Spa: Unwind at Trilogy Spa with a pedicure, massage, or skin treatment. Seasonal and daily specials available.
9. Where to Enjoy Apres Ski & Beat the Traffic
- Alpine Meadows: Grab a hot cocoa or beer at the Last Chair Bar in the Main Lodge. Stay cozy inside or bring your beverages out to the sundeck and huddle up by the firepit.
- Squaw Valley: With so much apres in The Village, we chose our 5 favorites. Check out the Squaw Valley Apres Guide.
10. Store Your Gear
Daily and weekly lockers make for easy storage of extra clothing and gear with unlimited access throughout the day. Available at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.