As the holidays are winding down, the good times continue at Squaw Alpine. Another weekend of fun skiing & riding, live après music and a chance of new snow!
Sam Kieckhefer skiing off Shirley Lake on January 3, 2017. Photo: Brandon Skinner
Weekend Weather & Conditions
The weather pattern has finally shifted, bringing precipitation back into town and hopes for some new snow on the upper mountains!
Friday into Friday night a second wave of precipitation will bring more rain and snow into Saturday morning. This time snow levels could sit around 8,000 feet. We could see 2-4 inches of snow above 8,000 feet (top of the Funitel).” –Bryan Allegreto’s Weather Blog
The weather should clear up by Saturday and Sunday. If this forecast is correct, conditions will be the most fun on our upper mountain slopes!
- At Squaw Valley, ride the Funitel up to Siberia, Gold Coast, Emigrant and Shirley Lake. Tip: You can download the Funitel at the end of the day.
- At Alpine Meadows, ride Summit Express from the base to elevation 8,500′ for some fun turns!
App Lap Slapdown Contest
Up for some friendly competition while you shred this weekend? Download our mobile app and start tracking your stats to be in the running to win our App Lap Slapdown Contest! The skier/rider with the most tracked vertical feet or most lifts ridden will win Oakley goggles or sunglasses!
Check out the Newly Remodeled High Camp
Whether you’re here to ski, ride or just enjoy a weekend getaway in the mountains, don’t miss a ride up the Aerial Tram to the newly remodeled High Camp. Grab buffet lunch or a specialty drink with a view at the Terrace Restaurant & Bar, with panoramic windows looking out over the Sierra and Lake Tahoe. For a delicious full-service meal where you can sit on a retired Squaw Valley chairlift, try the brand new Granite Bistro (the former Poolside Cafe). Or swing by the new High Camp Marketplace for grab-and-go lunch, specialty coffee and fresh pastries.
Live Après Music & Events
Plenty of live après music and fun events this weekend! Here are just a few:
- Feel Good Fridays: Head to the Auld Dubliner for $5 drink specials, raffles and live music to support Achieve Tahoe
- Friday Night Tasting Notes: Free tastings from Rutherford Vineyard at Plaza Bar from 3:30-5pm with live music
- Alpenglow Backcountry Demo Day: Free demos all day Saturday at Alpine Meadows
- Patagonia Worn Wear Party: Learn to repair your outwear in the DIY trailer
- Winter Music in The Village: Blown Over plays 2-4pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Plaza Bar and Alpine Bar: every Saturday afternoon
- Winter Fireworks: The show goes off at 5:30pm – watch from the KT Base Bar and warm up in Plaza Bar
Best Rate on Lift Tickets
- Coming for the weekend? Buy your lift tickets by midnight the night before to save up to $30 on window rates!