As we move into warmer weather and head toward the month of May, we wanted to give you a brief update on what to expect over the next few weeks. Please note: ALL of our operations are subject to change based on conditions. This update is our BEST GUESS for what we’ll be seeing. Things can change rapidly in the springtime as the snow melts.
Photo above: Nick McMahon, Palisades Grooming
May Operating Schedule
As a reminder, the resort as a whole will be open 7 days a week in May, but each mountain will be on a 5-day schedule. This means:
- Palisades will be open Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in May. Palisades will be CLOSED on Wednesday and Thursday in May.
- Alpine will be open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in May. Alpine will be CLOSED on Monday and Tuesday in May.
- Find June & July operating information here.
NEW HOURS OF OPERATION
The mountains will be open from 8am-2pm starting on May 1st.
Lift & Terrain Updates: Palisades
- The Base to Base Gondola closes on April 30th for the season. It will not re-open in May, June, or for the 4th of July.
- Resort Chair, Far East, and Red Dog will close for the season on April 30th.
- Starting May 1st, we plan to run KT-22, the Funitel, Siberia, Big Blue, Gold Coast, Shirley, Granite Chief, Mountain Meadow, Bailey’s Beach, and the Aerial Tram.
- Headwall terrain will stay open, accessed by Reverse Traverse, as conditions allow.
- Gold Coast Terrain Park and a new Emigrant Gully Terrain Park are FIRING right now, and soon we’ll be the only terrain park in the Lake Tahoe basin. We have a huge park offering on the upper mountain and we will be continuing to add features throughout the month. All Terrain Park offerings will be at Palisades only in the month of May.
A note on Silverado: This is not the news we want to deliver, but unfortunately, Silverado will not re-open again this season. As the large amount of snow in this area has started to melt, pressure on the lift towers has pushed at least two towers out of alignment. This is something we cannot fix while snow is still on the ground and pressuring the towers. We really were hoping to get this lift spinning again, so we recognize that this is disappointing. Our Lift Maintenance crews are already starting some “off-season” work on this lift where they can to ensure it is ready to run for next season
Lift & Terrain Updates: Alpine
- Lakeview, Kangaroo, Alpine Bowl Chair, Subway, Yellow, and the Carpets are closed for the season after April 30th.
- We will continue to run Meadow, Treeline Cirque, Roundhouse, Scott, Sherwood, and Summit as conditions and staffing allow. Scott and Sherwood will both be conditions-dependent. Sherwood is often only open for a few hours in the morning and then we switch to Scott.
- Tiegel Terrain Park closed on Sunday, April 23rd. We will be focusing our Terrain Parks efforts on the Palisades side for the month of May. In June, Terrain Parks will re-open at Alpine.
WANT THIS BLOG TO COME TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
HOW ELSE CAN I STAY UP-TO-DATE THIS SEASON?
We’ll arm you with all the information you need to plan the perfect ski day. Bookmark these pages:
Not wanting to check the website constantly? Try these other methods:
- Follow our Mountain Operations Twitter account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
Do you have any requests for this season’s Operations Blogs? Topics you’d like to see covered or information you think is missing? Send us an email at email@example.com with your feedback. We have received a lot of messages lately, and we are getting back to you one by one. Thanks for being patient!