We’re in store for another long weekend of fun skiing & riding, sunny skies, spring-like conditions and tons of events and activities off the slopes!
Weather & Conditions
9″ of New Snow in the Last Week
Monday’s wet storm delivered 3″ of new snow on the upper mountain terrain. This made for some soft, fun turns on Tuesday and a nice refresh of white at our higher elevations (9″ total in the last week). While snowstorms are clearing out for a few days, we are stoked for another weekend of sunny skies, mild temperatures and fun groomed terrain over the weekend. As the temperatures warm into the 40s throughout the day, the snow should be soft and spring-like!
Tip: Beginners will love the High Camp area with groomed green runs off Mountain Meadow and Bailey’s Beach and beautiful views of Lake Tahoe.
More Snow Ahead
Another storm pattern moves in early next week, and we are hopeful for some more snow!
Next week we could see the first storm move in as early as Monday night. It looks like we are heading into a stormier pattern next week that could last for at least a week. The storms do have colder air with them.” — Bryan Allegreto’s Weather Blog
App Lap Slapdown Contest
Up for some friendly competition while you shred this weekend? Download our mobile app and start tracking your stats to be in the running to win our App Lap Slapdown Contest! The skier/rider with the most tracked vertical feet or most lifts ridden will win Oakley goggles or sunglasses!
Weekend Events & Activities
Live Après Music and Fireworks
Lots of live après music, a fireworks show and fun events this weekend! Here are just a few:
- Feel Good Fridays: Head to the Auld Dubliner for $5 drink specials, raffles and live music to support Achieve Tahoe
- Friday Night Tasting Notes: Free tastings from Bulleit Bourbon at Plaza Bar from 3:30-5pm with live music
- Winter Music in The Village: Everyday Outlaw plays 2-4pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Alpine Bar: The Beer Gardeners will rock the Alpine Lodge from 2-5pm on Saturday
- Winter Après at Plaza Bar: Chi McClean plays live at 3pm Saturday
- Winter Fireworks: The show goes off at 5:30pm – watch from the KT Base Bar and warm up in Plaza Bar
All New Disco Tubing
This Saturday & Sunday only we’re lighting up SnoVentures with colorful LED lights, lasers and live DJs from 5-8pm. Disco tubing is the all new family-friendly party where you spin down the tubing lanes to music, lights and even fireworks on Saturday at 6pm!
Eat & Drink with a View at the Newly Remodeled High Camp
Views from the Terrace Bar. Photo: Kate Abraham
Check out the newly remodeled High Camp for some of the best views around overlooking Lake Tahoe and the Sierra and 3 great new dining options:
- Gaze out the floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows while chowing down on the skier’s buffet or sipping a drink at the Terrace Restaurant & Bar.
- For a cozy full-service meal, check out the brand new Granite Bistro with views of Squaw Valley’s upper mountain and delicious specialties like Sierra Cassoulet and Smoked Pheasant Soup or traditional favorites like burgers, salads and Steak Frites.
- For a quick pick-me-up, swing by the new High Camp Marketplace for grab-and-go lunch, specialty coffee and fresh pastries.
Best Rate on Lift Tickets
Coming for the weekend? Buy your lift tickets by midnight the night before to save up to $40 on window rates!