It has been the dream of many for decades and, at long last, it is coming true. For winter 2022/23, we are planning to open a yet-to-be-named gondola that connects our two legendary base areas. Palisades Tahoe will now be the 3rd largest ski resort in North America, and the biggest in California.
The Gondola: Quick Stats
- 16-minute ride from one base area to the other
- 2.4 miles long
- 4 terminals, 3 of which you can disembark at to ski/snowboard
You can stay up-to-date on our progress by checking our Construction Blog. We post updates weekly.
Additional Base Area Enhancements
Palisades Tahoe is preparing to offer a whole new experience for the upcoming winter season. The gondola is not the only thing under construction! We have exciting enhancements underway at both the Palisades and Alpine base areas. In addition to connecting the two legendary base areas with a 16-minute gondola ride, this construction season will also be marked by:
- A full replacement of the Red Dog lift, including a realignment of the bottom terminal
- An expansion of the Funitel Plaza to make the area more accessible
- The installation of automatic snowmaking systems in two areas at Palisades
- The installation of automatic snowmaking systems in three areas at Alpine.
More information is available on our newly launched website: http://gondola.palisadestahoe.com/