After a hiatus that was much too long, WinterWonderGrass returns to the valley this weekend for three days of bluegrass and beer. In addition to the ticketed festival, there are also some free shows around the mountain. We’ve compiled everything you need to know to help you travel safely and responsibly, from parking to transportation. We hope you have a great time!
Festival Information & Free Shows
- WinterWonderGrass runs from 2pm – 11pm on Friday, April 1st, and Saturday, April 2nd, and from 2pm-10pm on Sunday, April 3rd. A full lineup and event schedule can be found here. A venue map can be found here.
- If you don’t have a WinterWonderGrass ticket, you can join us for Pickin’ In The Plaza from 11am-1pm each day in The Village at Palisades Tahoe. AJ Lee & The Blue Summit will be playing on April 1st and April 3rd, and Cris Jacobs Band will be playing on April 2nd. These are free bluegrass shows for anyone who is at the resort!
- We’ll also have free Electrograss shows at the KT Base Bar deck from 1-4pm Friday & Saturday featuring KR3TURE (Friday), Fox & Buck (Friday and Saturday), and Carlo, Vibetones, and Messr. all on Saturday.
- Another free show option is Mountain Jams, which takes place mid-mountain at Gold Coast plaza on both Saturday and Sunday from 11am-1pm. WinterWonderGrass All Stars will play on Saturday, and Rapidgrass will play on Sunday. You must have a valid lift ticket to access these shows.
A portion of the parking at Palisades Tahoe is dedicated to the festival grounds, meaning that there will be less on-site parking available throughout the weekend. Here are some tips to help you navigate:
- Carpool: There are 800 spots in our A Lot designated specifically for carpools with 3+ passengers. Follow signage at the top of Squaw Valley Road to get a spot in this premium lot. Thank you for helping to reduce the amount of traffic on the road! Motorcycles and 2-passenger cars are also welcome to park in this area.
- Oversize Vehicles & RVs: Oversize Vehicles & RVs are welcome to park in our Far East lot near the SnoVentures Activity area, but we kindly ask that you respect the local neighbors. Please refrain from any after-partying in our parking lots. Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am with no music, generators, etc. If we are called for disturbances, you will be directed to leave immediately and your festival wristband will be forfeited.
- Take Mountaineer for FREE: Mountaineer is a free, app-based shuttle service that will take you anywhere in Olympic Valley. Simply download the app, summon the shuttle like you would an Uber/Lyft, and select your pick-up and drop-off location. You do not need to have the resort as one of your locations; this service works anywhere in the Valley. So, for example, if you want to take Mountaineer from your AirBnB in the valley to the WinterWonderGrass festival grounds, that is totally OK! Mountaineer will have extended hours this weekend and will run until midnight each night of the festival. Download Mountaineer.
- Use the FREE TART bus: Free Tahoe Area Regional Transit buses run on an hourly schedule between the resort and both Tahoe City and Truckee. These buses run between 7am and 5:30pm, so they are a great option for getting to the resort at the start of your day.
- Late Night WinterWonderBus Tickets are SOLD OUT: If you already have a ticket, the Tahoe City bus will stop at the festival grounds, River Ranch, and the Tahoe City Transit Center. The Truckee bus will go directly to the Truckee Train Depot. Buses will run between 10pm and 2am.
- Use the TART Connect to access Tahoe City: On Friday and Saturday evenings, the free TART connect shuttle runs from 5:30-10:30pm between Olympic Valley and the Tahoe City Transit Center. Download the TART Connect app to summon the shuttle. Similar to Mountaineer or an Uber/Lyft, you can select your pick-up and drop-off location. The TART Connect services anywhere between Olympic Valley and Tahoe City.
- If you want to go to Alpine, use the Palisades Tahoe Express Shuttle: Mountaineer does NOT go between Alpine and Palisades. You’ll want to use the Palisades Tahoe Express Shuttle if you’re interested in going to the other valley. The Express Shuttle runs until 4pm daily. It picks up across from Coffeebar at Palisades, and in front of the breezeway at Alpine. Download the Palisades Tahoe mobile app and look under lift status to see when the next Express Shuttle will arrive.
Are tickets still available for WinterWonderGrass? All 3-Day General Admission and VIP tickets are SOLD OUT. Single-day tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are SOLD OUT as well. As of 11am on Thursday, some Late-Night tickets were still available for select shows on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Browse the available ticket options here.
I bought a WinterWonderGrass 3-day ski ticket in 2020. Can I use it this year? Yes, we are honoring any WinterWonderGrass ski tickets from 2020. Please visit us at the Ticket & Pass Office in The Village at Palisades Tahoe and we will assist you.
Are 3-day Ski Tickets available for WinterWonderGrass ticket holders? We do not have any special rates for WinterWonderGrass ticket holders. BUT, we do have an awesome sale going on right now on our Spring Ticket Trio. The Spring Ticket Trio gives you 3 single-day lift tickets. You can use all of them yourself, or share them with friends! Save $72 when you buy your trio now.