WEATHER & CONDITIONS:
Since the New Year, we have received over 8.5 feet of snow, gifting us unforgettable powder runs and some high winds. These storms are expected to continue through this weekend, impacting both travel and our mountain operations. Heavy snow is expected to start Friday morning and continue through Sunday, estimated to give Alpine and Palisades between 21 and 40 inches of snow. Strong winds are expected, which can cause lift closures and poor visibility. Be prepared to bundle up, be patient, and expect to start the day on the lower mountain.
Remember, Ikon Base passes are blacked out Saturday, January 14th and Sunday, January 15th.
BEST WAYS TO BEAT TRAFFIC & CONGESTION:
- Avoid aiming for an arrival time right around 9am this weekend. Our parking lots will likely fill up by the mid-morning on Friday, and by 9am on Saturday and Sunday. You will want to be here earlier (more like 7-8:30am) or closer to 12pm.
- Don’t leave right at 4pm. Stick around for apres ski fun or one of our nighttime events instead. Otherwise, you will want to leave by 2:30.
- Carpool with 3 or more people. Carpoolers get access to our free, premium carpool lot in The Village at Palisades Tahoe. This is a first-come, first-served lot. It will fill up.
- Catch a ride on Mountaineer. This is a free public transport option that can be summoned by an app. request your ride and get picked up in a 4WD, dog-friendly van that seats up to nine passengers.
- Book a ride with TART Connect Shuttle Service. Similar to Uber or Lyft, the TART Connect Shuttle Service will pick you up and drop you off wherever you request through their app. This service runs on Friday & Saturday nights between Palisades Tahoe and Tahoe City.
WEEKEND EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Sunset Happy Hour
Enjoy the view from 8,200′ as the sun sets behind the Sierra from High Camp. Sip on happy hour drinks and snack on food specials while listening to live music Sunday, January 15th.
Snowshoe Tour + Chalet Dinner
Snowshoe through the base of Alpine to The Chalet, where you will be wined and dined with a four-course Bavarian-inspired dinner.
Cancelled due to inclement weather.
Spin down our snow tubing track with flashing colorful LED lights and live music from Disco Terrorist Saturday, January 14th.
Live Music at Alpine Bar
Join us for Après at Alpine while listening to live music from Sneaky Creatures Friday, January 13th.
Get Real-Time Information While You’re Here
- Follow our Mountain Operations Twitter account
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App
- Bookmark our Operations Blog, or sign up for our Operations Blog email list.