The Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup, a stop on the Audi FIS Ski World Cup Tour, will be at Palisades Tahoe from February 24th to February 26th. To help you prepare for the weekend and have a seamless visit, we’ve compiled this guide for how to visit Palisades Tahoe on the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup weekend.
Tips For Arrival
Bus or Shuttle Here from North Lake Tahoe / Truckee
- Free Bus Service. Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) is a free bus service from Tahoe City, Truckee, and the North & West Shores with a direct stop in Olympic Valley.
- Services run 6:30am – 5pm
- Free On Demand Shuttle Service. TART Connect is an on-demand and door-to-door shuttle service for Tahoe City, Truckee, and the North & West Shores providing free, app-based ride share services. Download app to get started.
- Services run 5:30am – 6pm
- Free Park & Ride. Park & ride lots in Truckee and Tahoe City with free shuttle services to Olympic Valley. This is open to both guests and Palisades Tahoe employees.
- Truckee Location: Tahoe Truckee Unified School District Administrative Offices on Donner Pass Road, behind the fire station and Wild Cherries.
- Tahoe City Location: Tahoe City Transit Center
- View stops & hours here
Bus or Shuttle Here within Olympic Valley or Alpine Meadows
- Free On Demand Shuttle Service. Mountaineer is an on-demand and door-to-door shuttle service for guests or homeowners within Olympic Valley or Alpine Meadows. Download the app and request your ride to get started. Riders can use the Mountaineer to get between the two valleys from 5pm-10:30pm. During the day, you can travel between our two base areas by the Base to Base Gondola or the Palisades Alpine Express.
- Olympic Valley: 5am-10:30pm Fri/Sat/Sun
- Alpine Meadows: Friday-Monday service from 7am-5pm
- Service will also be offered between Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows from 5-10:30pm
- Olympic Valley Hotel Shuttle Services. Fixed route service between Olympic Village Inn and Tram Circle.
- Services run daily 8am – 5pm with no service between 12-1pm
- Resort at Squaw Creek Shuttle. Fixed route service between Resort at Squaw Creek and Village at Palisades Tahoe
- Services run 7am – 5pm Monday-Friday, Weekends: TBD
Driving by Car
- Arrive before 7:30am. Get breakfast in The Village or in the Alpine Lodge. In The Village, try out SunBowl, Starbucks, or Coffeebar. In the Alpine Lodge, stop by Treats in the breezeway or Mogrog Cafe by the Subway chairlift.
- Carpool. Gather your friends and family. Vehicles with 3+ get premiere parking on a first come first serve basis. Plus, carpooling is just better for the environment and lessens congestion on the roads.
- Check Parking lot status. Download the Palisades Tahoe app to see our live parking lot status. Enable push notifications and turn on location services so you get an alert when we have parking updates. Parking updates are also shared on our @palisadestahoeops Twitter. If parking fills up, please do not attempt to come to the resort.
- Check road conditions. Find traffic incidents and webcams by using the CalTrans QuickMap app.
- Leaving the resort. Don’t leave right at 4pm. Stick around for apres ski fun or one of our nighttime events instead. Otherwise, aim to leave by 2:30pm.
Tips For Parking
Parking at Alpine
- There are about 75 premier parking spots that can be reserved in advance online for $60 each if you would like to ensure you get a spot. Besides the 75 premier spots, all other parking at Alpine is first-come, first-serve.
- Alpine has two overflow lots, Deer Park and Hidden Valley. If you have to park in these areas, a shuttle will take you from the parking lot up to the base lodge.
Parking at Palisades
- Club ticket holders receive premier parking within steps of the stadium on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- All parking on the Palisades side is first-come, first-serve. Signage and parking attendants will help direct you.
- Electric car parking is available on the east side of The Village near the Far East chairlift. There are 4 charging stations. These are not free stations.
Friday, February 24th
|5:45pm||Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup Welcome Ceremonies|
|6:15pm||Public Bib Draw|
|7pm||FREE Concert with Black Jacket Symphony featuring Marc Martel|
Saturday, February 25th
|9:40am||Giant Slalom Opening Ceremonies|
|10am||Giant Slalom Run 1|
|1:15pm||Giant Slalom Run 2|
|6:30pm||FREE concert with Noah Kahan|
|8pm||FREE concert with 311|
Sunday, February 26th
|9:40am||Slalom Opening Ceremonies|
|10am||Slalom Run 1|
|1:15pm||Slalom Run 2|
Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup App
The best way to get information while you’re here at the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup will be to use our mobile app.
Download the Palisades Tahoe Mobile App, and once that’s open, you’ll see a prompt in the bottom right corner to launch the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup app. Here you’ll find:
- Event schedules
- Race results
- Athlete Info
- Real-time event information with push notifications enabled
App will be available February 20, so in the meantime, please visit our Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup website for the most up-to-date information.
- Redeem your Grandstand Ticket by bringing your email purchase confirmation with you.
- At the entrance to the venue, we will scan your confirmation barcode and give you a wristband.
- If you have tickets for both Saturday and Sunday, you will have to do this each day. Wristbands are not good for multiple days.
VIP and Club Tickets
- Purchase a VIP or Club experience? Look out for an email with details. Some components of your ticket package will be mailed to you in advance, but you will need to pick up your credential badge in person.
- Credentials can be picked up in the Base Camp conference room. This room is situated between Uncorked and Palisades Yoga Studio in The Village at Palisades Tahoe.
- Starting on Saturday, February 18th, this office will be open from 7am-5pm daily. We strongly encourage you to pick up your credentials ahead of time if possible.
Après and Events
We have so many fun events going on all day that you wouldn’t want to miss! Rather than leaving at 4pm, stick around after hours and check out some of our fun, can’t-miss events:
On Friday, February 24th, the Kick-Off Parade is set to begin at 5:15pm and will celebrate the start of the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup with a parade in the village! 1,000+ athletes will lead the way from Coffeebar to KT Base Bar.
The Vendor Village will be open from 8am-5pm, so feel free to check it out between races or at the end of your ski day.
Free Concerts and Fireworks
- Friday, February 24th the Black Jacket Symphony featuring Marc Martel (the voice behind the worldwide hit movie “Bohemian Rhapsody”) will take center stage at 7pm with a performance of Queen’s A Night at the Opera.
- Saturday, February 25th Noah Kahan will take a stop on his Sold Out 2023 Tour to perform at the KT Base Bar at 6:30pm.
- Saturday, February 25th at 8pm one of the longest-running original lineups in rock, 311 will take the stage to show off their unique and hybrid sound.
- Following 311, Fireworks will begin at 9:30pm.
Disco Tubing is such a fun activity for people of all ages. Head to SnoVentures on Friday or Saturday evening to hear awesome tunes and see laser lights all while flying down our tubing hill! We’ve got our magic carpet rolling, so there is no need to hike back up to take another lap.
If you’d like to purchase Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup merchandise, you can visit our location in The Village at Palisades Tahoe. This store is open daily from 10am to 5pm and is centrally located across from Fireside Pizza Company and The Auld Dubliner. We do not have merchandise available online at this time.
Closures & Operations Impacts
- February 12: Major course prep on Red Dog begins. The race venue will be closed to the public. A public lane will be accessible at the top of Upper Dog Leg onto Champs Elysees. Please note that this is not beginner terrain.
- February 17: The training venue on Exhibition will be closed through February 26th. A public crossing at Easy Street will be permitted.
- February 22: The entire finish area will be under construction and crossing access closed off until February 26th.
- February 24-25: Red Dog will be closed to the public. The only exception is for guests of the Resort at Squaw Creek who need to ski back to their hotel. Far East will be closed intermittently for the races.
- February 26: Far East will be closed for Slalom until 1:30pm.
How To Get Real-Time Lift, Trail & Grooming Status
- Visit our Lift + Grooming Status page. If you want to get the privilege of cutting the lift line, book a lesson with us, which is also a great way to improve your skills and discover the mountain.
- Follow our Mountain Operations Twitter account. This is especially helpful on dynamic days.
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App. Make sure you have push notifications enabled.
- Bookmark our Operations Blog, or sign up for our Operations Blog email list.