The Holidays are a festive time at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Here’s our top 10 holiday tips to make the most of your Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Vacation.
1. Two Ways to Ski for Less
- Ski any 4 days for less than $93/day with the Tahoe Super 4 Lift Ticket Pack. No blackout dates.
- Purchase your lift tickets in advance online. There are limited quanities at low prices, so the sooner you buy the better!
Try before you buy! You can apply the cost of your lift ticket toward the cost of a Tahoe Super 4 lift ticket pack.
Download the new and improved iPhone and Android Apps to access these features:
- Real-time lift & trail status
- Real-time lift line wait times
- Find your friends on lifts & trails
- Easily purchase and reload discounted lift tickets
- Track performance including lifts/trails skied, vertical feet skied, maximum speed, etc.
- Interactive map
- Current weather & snow report
- NEW! Squaw Alpine Leaderboard
3. Explore our 14 Easy-to-Navigate Mountain Zones
Check out our 14 mountain zones to help you navigate the mountains and decide where to enjoy your day and exactly how to get there.
- Family Tip: Big Blue zone at Squaw Valley and Blue Room at Alpine Meadows have plenty of family-friendly terrain, groomed runs and easy access to our lodges for a hot chocolate break.
- Your lift ticket or season pass is good at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Explore all 14 zones and get between mountains easily with our free Squaw/Alpine Express shuttle.
4. Eat Lunch Before 12pm or After 2pm to Maximize your Time on the Slopes
- Funi’s: Located on the upper level of the Gold Coast Complex with great grab-and-go food options.
- Rocker@Squaw: Located in the Village. Enjoy cold beers, kickin’ cocktails, and belly satisfying food at this popular restaurant in the Village.
- The new Marketplace at High Camp, located at the top of the Aerial Tram, is the perfect place to grab a quick snack, lunch or pastry as you head to the slopes!
- Meadows Cafe: Located right in Alpine Meadows’ lodge, the Meadows Café offers up exactly what any hungry skier or snowboarder is looking for – only better. 1/2lb Certified Angus Beef Burgers, personal pizzas and full soup and salad bar.
5. Download the Funitel or Aerial Tram at the End of the Day
If you are ending your day at Squaw Valley we recommend downloading the Funitel or Aerial Tram from our upper mountain. It’s relaxing and will give you more time on the mountain.
6. Plenty of Fun Off the Slopes
- Wanderlust Yoga Studio: Stretch with us after your day on the slopes. The Wanderlust Yoga Studio encourages all guests to strengthen their mind, body and spirit. Drop in on any class at Wanderlust Yoga Studio.
- SnoVentures Activity Zone: SnoVentures is Squaw Valley’s family fun zone with snow tubing, mini snowmobiles and a lodge with firepits for roasting marshmallows.
- Trilogy Spa: Unwind at Trilogy Spa with a pedicure, massage, or skin treatment. Seasonal and daily specials available.
- Aerial Tram: Climb over 2,000 feet on the Aerial Tram with stunning 360° views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra
7. Where to Enjoy Apres Ski & Beat the Traffic
- Alpine Meadows: Grab a hot cocoa or beer at the Last Chair Bar in the Main Lodge. Stay cozy inside or bring your beverages out to the sundeck and huddle up by the firepit.
- Squaw Valley: With so much apres in The Village, we chose our 5 favorites. Check out the Squaw Valley Apres Guide.
8. Getting Around
- Squaw Alpine Shuttle: Your lift ticket or season pass is good at both Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Take the free shuttle that runs continuously between the bases for convenient transport between mountains.
- SnoVentures Shuttle: SnoVentures Shuttle runs continuously between The Village at Squaw Valley (Member’s Locker Room) and SnoVentures Activity Zone.
- Free Ski Shuttles: TART’s free shuttles for north shore and Truckee ski resorts and communities will offer weekend and holiday service
- POW Carpool Parking: Free premium parking is available to guests who carpool to the resort with four or more passengers per vehicle. 110 spaces at Squaw Valley and 50 spaces at Alpine Meadows.
- Premier Parking for Squaw Kids: Complimentary Premier Parking is available for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations.
- Lyft in Tahoe: New to Lyft? Download the app and insert promo code SQUAWALPINE to redeem $10 off your first 2 rides. Whether you’re visiting from South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, or arriving from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Lyft is a convenient alternative to getting around. Lyft dropoff zones are the carpool area at Squaw Valley and the drop off area in front of the Lodge at Alpine Meadows.
9. Store Your Gear
Daily and weekly lockers make for easy storage of extra clothing and gear with unlimited access throughout the day. Available at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.
10. Stay the Night
Stay in The Village at Squaw Valley and you’ll be just steps from the lifts, shopping, dining and après. Our condominium style suites each have a fireplace, kitchen, and private balcony. Our guests can relax in one of our 8 outdoor hot tubs, roast marshmallows at our firepits, and enjoy discounted lift tickets. Book online or call (866) 818-6963.