Spring is officially here! At Palisades Tahoe, we love springtime. Sunshine, corn cycles, longer days, the Sundeck, live music, killer events, and so much more. Yes, spring in the high Sierra is something to celebrate. Even better, you can ski & ride for FREE this spring starting April 13th when you purchase your 2020-21 Ikon Pass! So why come and enjoy springtime in the mountains with us? Here are our top 5 reasons to visit Palisades Tahoe:
- Best Spring Conditions: The skiing and riding at Palisades Tahoe is the best in Tahoe! From groomers to parks to bumps and steeps, there’s something for everyone on the mountain right now. Temperatures have been dropping overnight, keeping the snow in great shape and giving us fast groomers in the morning with fun corn in the afternoon.
Insider Tip: In the spring, we recommend following the sun to get the most out of your day. South-facing slopes warm first in the morning sun, so start out skiing on lifts like Gold Coast or Big Blue. As the day (and your legs) warm up, check out Shirley, Siberia, and Headwall. Trails off these lifts take a little longer to loosen up but when they do – they can’t be beaten. Our favorite advanced run during this time of year is Sun Bowl located right off the top of Headwall lift. Great pitch and soft snow!
- Snow Beaches: What’s better than riding all morning then soaking up the sun in the afternoon while enjoying a cold beer & lawn games? Not much! Visit the new Snow Beaches, located at Gold Coast at Palisades Tahoe and in front of the Alpine Lodge at Alpine. Snow Beaches are equipped with lawn chairs, cornhole, firepits, and are only steps away from a bar.
- Lively Spring Events: Live music, The 30th Annual Cushing Crossing, Snow Golf, Tahoe Truckee Earth Day, and much more. We have a stacked schedule coming up with fun events for everyone! Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up next!
- Themed Weekends: We’re so stoked on spring here at the Spring Skiing Capital, we want to celebrate every weekend. Break out your funkiest attire to match the theme of the weekend. Weekends in April are Retro themed, while weekends in May are Hawaiian themed.
Insider Tip: Are you planning on coming up with friends? If you don’t have a pass, check out the Spring Ticket Trio. This 3-ticket bundle grants you one ticket per person at a huge discount.
- Après: Ahhh, après. The sweet, sweet feeling of relaxing with friends and family, food and drinks after exploring the mountain. Need we say more? Don’t miss some of our favorite watering holes like Rocker, KT Base Bar and Le Chamois. We’re so stoked on spring here at the Spring Skiing Capital, we want to celebrate every weekend. Break out your funkiest attire to match the theme of the weekend. Weekends in April are Retro themed, while weekends in May are Hawaiian themed.
Insider Tip: Visit the brand new Tram Car Bar on the deck of Olympic House in Olympic Valley. This restored 70s-era aerial tram cabin has a full bar and an epic happy hour from 3-4pm on weekends.
So there you have it: The top five reasons to come visit us this spring. Whether it’s sunny or snowy, conditions are great. See you on the slopes!