The Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup, a stop on the Audi FIS Ski World Cup Tour, will be at Palisades Tahoe from February 23rd to February 25th. To help you prepare for the weekend and have a seamless visit, we’ve compiled this guide for how to visit Palisades Tahoe on the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup weekend.
- Parking reservations are required in all parking lots at both Palisades and Alpine from February 17th through February 25th.
- Free parking reservations open on February 13th at 12pm and 7pm. If you don’t get one, keep checking back. The forecasted weather at Palisades Tahoe means conditions can change, leading to cancelations and additional free parking availability. The amount of available parking depends on snowfall, as some spaces must be used for snow storage during clearing, limiting parking. We will do everything we can to create more spaces. We encourage you to regularly check back for cancellations and new availability for the best chance to join us for the festivities.
- VIP Ticket holders receive premier parking within steps of the stadium on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Electric car parking is available on the east side of The Village near the Far East chairlift. There are 4 charging stations. These are not free stations.
- Don’t plan to leave the resort right at 4pm. Stick around for apres ski fun or one of our nighttime events instead. Otherwise, aim to leave by 3:00 pm.
Other Transportation Options
Truckee or Tahoe City Park & Ride
Our Park & Ride is super easy and has gotten TONS of ridership this year. If you choose to use the Park & Ride, you get a $10 voucher to use at select locations in The Village at Palisades Tahoe. This shuttle services Olympic Valley; you can take the Base to Base Gondola to Alpine. The Park & Ride is open to both guests and Palisades Tahoe employees. Full Park & Ride Information.
Mountaineer Shuttle Service
Mountaineer is an free, on-demand, door-to-door shuttle service for guests or homeowners within Olympic Valley or Alpine Meadows. It is super convenient and easy to use! Download the app and request your ride to get started. View the full schedule here.
Bay Area & Sacramento Bus Service
Ditch the hassle of driving and let the good times roll! Our Tahoe Ski Buses to Palisades Tahoe have got your back, whether you’re kickstarting your adventure from Sacramento or the Bay Area. Book your spot here.
The Sherwood Shuttle
The Sherwood Shuttle pilot program will run from February 23rd-25th. Guests can park in the Sunnyside lot on the West Shore and catch a free shuttle to the Sherwood Chairlift at Alpine. The first shuttle leaves at 8:30am and the last shuttle returns at 4pm. Full schedule & details.
Friday, February 23rd
Saturday, February 24th
Sunday, February 25th
|Slalom Opening Ceremonies
|Slalom Run 1
|Apres Ski Party with DJ Alex T
|Slalom Run 2
|Slalom FIS Award Ceremony
- Redeem your Grandstand Ticket by bringing your email purchase confirmation with you.
- At the entrance to the venue, we will scan your confirmation barcode and give you a wristband.
- If you have tickets for both Saturday and Sunday, you will have to do this each day. Wristbands are not good for multiple days.
- Purchase a VIP experience? Look out for an email with details. Some components of your ticket package will be mailed to you in advance, but you will need to pick up your credential badge in person.
Après and Events
We have so many fun events going on all day that you wouldn’t want to miss! Rather than leaving at 4pm, stick around after hours and check out some of our fun, can’t-miss events:
On Friday, February 23rd, the Kick-Off Parade is set to begin at 5:30pm and will celebrate the start of the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup with a parade in the village! 1,000+ athletes will lead the way from Coffeebar to KT Base Bar.
The Vendor Village will be open from 8am-5pm, so feel free to check it out between races or at the end of your ski day.
Free Concerts and Fireworks
- Friday, February 23rd the Black Jacket Symphony featuring Marc Martel (the voice behind the worldwide hit movie “Bohemian Rhapsody”) will take center stage at 7pm with a performance of Queen’s A Night at the Opera. Following Black Jacket Symphony, there will be fireworks.
- Saturday, February 26th will host three incredible free shows: At 2:30pm, London-based DJ 220 Kid will play in the Funitel Plaza. At night, Eve 6 and Ludacris will play on the KT Deck starting at 6:15pm.
Disco Tubing is such a fun activity for people of all ages. Head to SnoVentures on Friday or Saturday evening to hear awesome tunes and see laser lights all while flying down our tubing hill! We’ve got our magic carpet rolling, so there is no need to hike back up to take another lap.
If you’d like to purchase Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup merchandise, you can check out our collection on our online logo store. Merchandise will also be available for purchase on-site during the event.
Closures & Operations Impacts
- Major course prep on Red Dog is underway. The race venue may be closed to the public at times. A public lane will be accessible at the top of Upper Dog Leg onto Champs Elysees. Please note that this is not beginner terrain.
- Exhibition is likely to be closed as well. A public crossing at Easy Street will still be permitted.
- The entire finish area will be under construction and crossing access closed off until February 25th.
- February 24-25: Red Dog may be closed to the public at times. The only exception is for guests of Everline Resort who need to ski back to their hotel. Far East will be closed intermittently for the races.
Check our Operations Blog for the latest information. We post updates regularly.
How To Get Real-Time Lift, Trail & Grooming Status
- Visit our Lift + Grooming Status page. If you want to get the privilege of cutting the lift line, book a lesson with us, which is also a great way to improve your skills and discover the mountain.
- Follow our Mountain Operations Twitter account. This is especially helpful on dynamic days.
- Sign up for the Palisades Tahoe Ski & Ride Report (Weather Blogs + Conditions Blogs are included here)
- Download the Palisades Tahoe App. Make sure you have push notifications enabled.
- Bookmark our Operations Blog, or sign up for our Operations Blog email list.