We’re bringing a week full of cheer to Palisades Tahoe this year. Grab your family and loved ones and come visit us for one or many of the activities we have planned. Whether you’d like to get out on the slopes or do something cozy and indoors, we’ve got this year’s holiday itinerary taken care of. We see snow on the horizon and are hoping the holidays will bring more to the mountain!
Events That Shouldn’t Be Missed
Refer to the Holiday Schedule on our website for a detailed list of everything that is happening during the holidays at Palisades Tahoe. We’ve got something for the kids, the in-laws, the parents, the friends, and you! With so much going on, we’d like to highlight a few key events that shouldn’t be missed.
Christmas Eve Dinner – Sunday, December 24th @ 6:30pm
Leave the cooking to us this Christmas Eve! Enjoy a delicious grand buffet, complete with carving stations, holiday side dishes and desserts. Guests will receive a complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival, and afterwards a full bar will be available for purchase.
- Saturday, December 23rd
- Thursday, December 28th
- Friday, December 29th
This après experience is one of a kind! During select dates this winter, December through February, participate in this once in a lifetime event. The breathtaking views allow you to take in the sights of Lake Tahoe, as well as the snowcapped peaks, all while enjoying happy hour drink and food specials.
Torchlight Parade – Sunday, December 31st
Our New Year’s Eve events are crafted with families in mind, offering a festive and unforgettable experience for all. Join us for an evening filled with lively entertainment, delicious treats, and a vibrant atmosphere. In addition to our annual Torchlight Parade, we’ll have live music, children’s games, an East Coast ball drop and late-night concert.
Activities We Love
Many of our holiday activities happen in series. Whether you’re looking for a photo op with Santa, to ski with Olympian, Jonny Mosely, or listen to carolers throughout The Village at Palisades Tahoe, there’s an activity suited for you.
The Kids Craft & Game Room is located in the Palisades Tahoe Conference Room and Front Desk Lobby. The Village at Palisades Tahoe Front Desk can help you get there. Each day this holiday season, kids can enjoy arts and crafts, games, movies, and a feature film each night at 7pm. Guests of The Village at Palisades Tahoe enter for free. Day passes are $10 for non-hotel guests.
Ski and ride, après, and more with gold medalist Jonny Moseley. Jonny will visit both mountains over the course of the week. Don’t miss the Ugly Sweater Party Thursday, December 28th at the Alpine Lodge!
Disco Tubing brings a unique twist to snow tubing you won’t find anywhere else. This thrilling, family-friendly snow tubing experience amps up our tubing lanes with flashing lights, lasers and a live DJ. Gather your crew, wear fun costumes and ride down the neon, electrifying lanes from 5-7pm on select dates. Don’t miss this exciting winter Tahoe adventure!
Be Prepared for the Holiday Week
Reminder: Blackout dates are in effect this week for Ikon Base Pass holders, Ikon Session 4-Day holders, and Military Pass holders. The blackout dates are December 26th through December 31st.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE RESORT
- Reserve your parking if you haven’t done so already. Holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year. Guarantee your spot ASAP. Parking reservations start at $30 per car per day on Saturdays, Sundays, and December 26th-31st.
- Check road conditions using the CalTrans QuickMap App (or NVRoads if coming from Nevada).
- Plan to carpool and get preferred parking or use one of our free, convenient regional transportation options instead (listed below)
- We recommend booking tickets, lessons, rentals, and activities online rather than waiting to buy in person. You’ll save money and it will take less time.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- At Palisades, you can get breakfast at Sun Bowl, Starbucks, Coffeebar, Wildflour, or STARTING THIS YEAR, Rocker. At Alpine, you can get breakfast at Mogrog or Treats. Our Dining and Apres page will guide you.
- If you booked a lesson + rental and/or tickets, all of those things can be picked up at once. At Palisades, visit the Ski School Rental Shop, located across from Le Chamois behind the Aerial Tram building. At Alpine, Ski School is on the lower level of the Alpine Lodge. You do not need to wait in separate ticket and rental lines.
- If you booked a rental and a ticket, the kiosks around the resort can print your ticket for you. You do not need to wait in a ticket line as well. At Palisades, the Rental Shop is between the Ticket Office and Parallel Mountain Sports. At Alpine, the Rental Shop is on the lower level of the Alpine Lodge.
- If you are picking up a lift ticket or a 4-Day Lift Pack only, you can use the self-serve kiosks in the Funitel plaza, the Aerial Tram building, Snoventures, Everline Resort, or in front of the Alpine Lodge to print your ticket.
TIPS FOR A SMOOTH DAY
- Put your RFID ticket, pass, or pack in a pocket, but don’t keep it next to a cell phone or credit card.
- Use the Palisades Tahoe mobile app to check lift wait times, lift status, and more.
- Consider staying at the resort later than 4-5pm to enjoy some of our après and holiday events. You can grab dinner from The Village at Palisades Tahoe or from the Alpine Lodge area.
- Please remember that we absolutely do not allow uphill travel. You cannot use backcountry equipment and you cannot hike outside of operating hours.
- While dogs are welcome in The Village at Palisades Tahoe, dogs are not allowed on snow. This is especially important in ensuring the safety of our Patrol Dogs on staff.
FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
We have so many options for public transportation. Please use them as an alternative to adding another vehicle on our Tahoe roadways.
- Take the FREE Mountaineer shuttle from your in-valley hotel or cabin to the resort: Use the free Mountaineer shuttle to be dropped off anywhere in the communities of Alpine Meadows or Olympic Valley. Summon this shuttle using the Mountaineer app. Mountaineer’s schedule has been extended this year, and we’ll have daily service from 5pm-10:30pm between Alpine and Palisades.
- Use the TART Connect to get dinner or explore Tahoe City: The free TART Connect will be operating on Friday & Saturday night, connecting the Olympic Valley and Tahoe City communities between the hours of 6pm and 11pm. Download the app or call 530-214-5811 to arrange a pickup.
- Base-to-Base Gondola: Use our gondola to get between the two mountains, now connected. Make it safely to either mountain base while taking in beautiful views of Granite Chief Wilderness, Lake Tahoe, and Palisades Tahoe’s legendary peaks.
- Take the TART Bus any day to get to and from the resort: The free regional TART bus travels from Truckee and from Tahoe City on a regular schedule. Schedule here.